The AS61 is one of the models that the famous designer Andrew Jones has developed for Elac. Elac has applied very special materials and techniques for the AS61. According to most reviewers they have set the standard for monitors in an “affordable” price range. These loudspeakers are well build and let the music flow.
Including the original boxes, stands and tools. Price for this pair of Elac’s is 1.450 euro.
- Speaker type: three-way, interport-coupled cavity standmount loudspeaker
- Tweeter: 1×25mm soft-dome, concentrically mounted
- Midrange: 1×133mm aluminium cone
- Woofer: 1×165mm aluminium cone, internally mounted
- Passive radiator: 1×200mm aluminium cone
- Crossover frequencies: 200Hz, 2kHz
- Frequency range: 41Hz–35kHz
- Sensitivity: 85dB @ 2.83v/1m
- Recommended amplifier power: 50–160W
- Peak power handling: 160W
- Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
- Binding posts: Dual pair five-way metal
- Dimensions (W×H×D): 24.4 ×48.4 ×40.2cm, weight: 16kg
“…Five years from now, there will be dozens of brands making a hash of emulating what ELAC and Andrew Jones did here. Many of them will be in the buttock-clenchingly expensive part of the loudspeaker market, and hardly any of them will be able to achieve the same clarity of thought, vision, and – most importantly – sound as the Adante AS-61 delivers. When you listen to the ELAC Adante AS-61, you know almost immediately that you are hearing something different. We are in the presence of greatness, here, and there will be a lot of companies trying and failing to play catch-up.
There is no such thing as a perfect loudspeaker. Even the very best of them trade compromises across a range of parameters. The ELAC Adante AS-61 is no different, but the step-change in technology means it’s trading compromises at a more advanced reading age than its peers. I listen to a lot of good loudspeakers, some of which have feet that cost more than these Adante standmounts, but this is the one that gives me pause. The ELAC Adante AS-61 is the loudspeaker that takes on the high-end behemoths… and wins!”